Translate

Monday 10 June 2013

Aaron Taylor-Johnson On Marvel's Radar For Avengers 2?

Quicksilver's appearance in both the Avengers and X-Men universes has been the talk of the town for a couple of weeks now after Fox revealed they have cast Evan Peters in the role. Many discussions then took place about the confusion that this was going to create considering that Joss Whedon had already made his announcement that both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would be involved in Avengers 2; meaning the only logical and possible way this could be done is different actors playing the character. Now finally we have the first speculative actor that is being lined up to play Quicksilver and that is Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Before I put my feelings about this decision of potential casting, I will just inform you that in no way am I familiar with this character in any way shape or form. The extent to my knowledge is that he is a mutant, son of Magneto from the X-Men universe and his powers are being able to think and move at superhuman speeds. I get the feeling that this is probably the basic necessities I need to get a sense of how this character will fit in, play out etc. What I am unsure about is whether Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a suitable actor to take on the character's persona and play an accurate Quicksilver from the comics. 

What I will say from my position though is that I really like Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I believe that this could well indeed be a great casting from Marvel's part with his rise to popularity over recent years. As you probably know him from Kick-Ass, he has also featured in such films as Nowhere Boy, Savages and The Illusionist. This isn't to mention other projects that are yet to be released including Kick-Ass 2 and the Godzilla reboot. For me he is certainly someone that is making a strong name for himself and his popularity is clearly increasing. I believe a massive break in Avengers 2 would be the absolute pinnacle he needs to push him on to becoming a household name. I'm a fan of his work and I can't see a reason why he wouldn't be a fitting choice as Quicksilver.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure what this character's credentials are but Taylor-Johnson is a fine actor and would more than be able to hold his own on screen with the likes of Robert Downey Jr (if he returns), Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and the rest of the cast. 

As well as this, he seems like he will be able to pull off the appearance of the character too. If I'm correct he is supposed to be in his late teens, so around the 20 year old age mark. Being 23 years old and looking around the perfect age anyway is another convincing factor that makes him more than suitable to play this character in my eyes. He seems to play teenager's solidly as his performances in Kick-Ass and more notably in my opinion, his portrayal of John Lennon in Nowhere Boy is clear evidence for this. 

All this is at the moment is pure speculation but I've seen a few websites that have been reporting this story and at first, I passed it off as nothing. The more and more I saw it the more compelling I found it and suddenly I felt the urge to write an entry as it could well happen. Who knows, maybe this is just pure speculation and nothing comes of it. Maybe Aaron Taylor-Johnson turns the role down (highly unlikely, I mean who would?!) or Marvel decide to go with someone else as it does only say he is their number one of many on the list.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour-marvel-keen-on-aaron-taylor-johnson-to-play-quicksilver

No comments:

Post a Comment